How to set up gmail in Outlook 2007
1. Open Outlook and go to tools, account settings.
2. Click new.
3. Enter your name as you want it to appear on emails.
4. Then enter your gmail email address and password.
5. Select manually configure server settings at the bottom and click next.
6. Make sure Internet email is selected and click next.
7. You name and email address should already be filled in.
8. Change account type to IMAP.
9. Change incoming mail server to IMAP.gmail.com.
10. Change outgoing mail server to SMTP.gmail.com.
11. Set the username to your gmail email address.
12. Set the password to your gmail password.
13. Now click more settings.
14. On the outgoing server tab select my outgoing server requires authentication and make sure use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
15. In the advanced tab change incoming server value to 993 and select SSL for encryption type.
16. Change the outgoing server to use TLS encryption and set a value of 587.
17. Click OK, next, finish and then close.
18. Your gmail account will now appear in Outlook and display your emails.